Sunday, November 14, 2010

Columbus Leaves Spain- 1492

Today, I interviewed Christopher Columbus.

Q: What was your goal?
A: My goal was to reach the East Indies by sailing west across the Atlantic. Explorers before me have thought the world was flat, but I knew it was a sphere. But I couldn't go anywhere because Portugal would not sponsor me on this trip. But Spain had offered to.

Q: What made Spain sponsor you?
A: The Spanish were trying to strengthen Catholicism by removing the Jews from Spain. They realized that they took a part of Spain's culture with them, and hoped I would help restrengthen their nation.

Q: Did you ever find the East Indies?
A: I did! And when I returned to Spain, other explorers realized I had opened a path to unknown continents to explore. I helped the world to be discovered.

No comments:

Post a Comment